I am interested in discussing what types of regen/democratic capital allocations will open up in the next few years, due to regen web3 protocols launching.
For example, when Gitcoin launches these protocols,
Passport - a sybil resistence money lego
Grants Hub - a protocol for grants applications
Round Manager (QF) - a QF based tool for funding grants
- Round Manager (QV) - a QV based tool for funding grants
… we will have an opportunity to leverage the collective intelligence they create in order to build more regen stuff.
What types of novel dapps/protocols could we built with such a set of money legos? What money legos are needed to make it happen?
a few ideas i’ve seen kicked around:
above the protocol
- A Quadratic Funding Social Network
- QV/QF enabled voting on DAO voting tools like snapshot/withtally.
- A tool similar to https://prop.house/ but with QF/QV enabled.
- a product hunt for web3
- a QF-enabled stack overflow for web3
- a “grant common app” . eg one click grant applications to clrfund/ef/uniswap grants, possibly powered via api client etc…
- easy 1h1v (or QV) dao templates
- TCRs (token curated registries) as a mechanism for managing grants hub/lists (while also creating utility for GTC)?
Protocol adjacent or below
- RPGF via QV
- non-EVM grants (eg fiat or UXTO blockchain grants)
- a dominance assurance contract grant funding module
- MACI QF grants module.
HyperCerts integration such that each Gitcoin Grants contribution issues a hypercert.
- conviction voting for grants
- osmotic funding
Other comments/ ecosystem POV
- the gestalt of all of these tools would be a more game b world
- how do all the tools interoperate / find each other?
- what if we used grants protocol to manage the projects were building on top of grants protocol? META AF