SIP Cohort 2 Opportunity 8 - Decentralized LinkedIn Recruiter

Linkedin makes over $10billion/year off of our contact information by selling it to recruiters.

I want to create a professional network where I own my own data and recruiters have to pay ME for my contact information.

A basic sketch of what a protocol might look like:

• My resume data is stored on-chain or on Ceramic
    • higher resolution professional skill information can be obtained from things like Rabbithole, Degen Passport, Radicle, etc than a resume ever could.
  • My contact information is encrypted
  • I can set programmatic criteria for whom can unlock my data. eg $10 for anyone to contact me, $2 if you can code.
  • 80% of the revenue data goes to me, 20% goes to the protocol/DAO that facilitated it.
  • a la carte purchaes options or if we want recurring revenue, we could use something like EIP-1337 to produce recurring revenue.
  • start to disrupt the network effects by linkedin by bootstrapping an ecosystem of contact information + people who would purchase it

more info: decentralized linkedin - where users own their data + earn when ppl purchase it · Issue #7 · supermodularxyz/supermodules · GitHub

2 Likes

100% :boom:

I’ve been wanting LinkedOut for years! The challenge will be governance, specifically constraint. How do we not build a singular monolithic social graph?

While playing around with Ceramic Network I had similar thoughts (from the perspective of a person searching for opportunities).

I started to notice all these companies connecting talent with projects (braintrust, total, fiverr, etc…). Each of them requires you to fill out a CV, often manually. There are also a huge number of job boards, each aggregating postings from different services. It seems there’s a big opportunity to defragment and unify this data.

What would it look like with an open platform (or protocol) built on a shared set of schemas?

• Companies create their JobPostings.
  • Talents create their CV/Resume.

This data is then aggregated by an indexer that can be queried with powerful filters. For example location, start time, qualifications, etc (see the links below for data models).

Similar to how TheGraph (or Lens Protocol) indexes data from the blockchains, an indexer could be built to index and aggregate these schemas from Ceramic Network.

It would open up the possibility of building custom frontends for this data, each with their own set of queries for different niches. RSS-like subscriptions could be created when new postings or talents matching the set conditions are found.

Google and other search engines use semantic markup based on these schemas to create rich views of the data. So theoretically, an API could be built that renders these JSON+LD schemas to google, making them searchable from there.