Here is a TLDR update on what we’re up to in 2023. This is a TLDR of a longer post here.
Everything we do at Supermodular is grounded in our purpose. Our purpose is to cultivate a more regenerative digital frontier.
We just unveiled our 2023 SuperModular Roadmap Preview.
Our roadmap is T shaped. Part of it goes BROAD on building a movement. Part of it goes DEEP on building software.
Broad - movement building
How do we create a movement for regenerative crypto? How do we educate people and route them to regenerative crypto projects? How do we design a category and show off category kings like SuperModular & it’s alumni (like Gitcoin and KERNEL)? How do we act like live players until a formula to achieve our purpose appears?
- We continue to do Greenpill podcasts.
- We continue to do public speaking.
- We just signed a LOI to help co-produce Schelling Point Denver 2023.
- We are building a soup to nuts educational funnel for from new to web3 to regen web3.
- We are experimening with other new ways of making regen crypto a movement. This might mean a greenpill course or audiobook, or supporting local greenpill meetups across the world. More here.
- We will have lots of fun new supermodular swag at ETHDenver. Looking forward to attending schelling point and giving you all some!
DEEP on building software
- We are launching https://buidlbox.io/ at ETHDenver. (Buidlbox used to be known as Gitcoin Hackathons)
- We are working with Protocol Labs on http://hypercerts.xyz/, which is launching on top of Grants Stack on ETHDenver.
- We are building on top of grants stack.
- Much of this work is new form factors for Quadratic Funding.
- Some of the work is just taking QF and putting it in new places.
- We’re building Simple Grants, a web2/fiat grants tool. Once this ships, we have leads to run rounds for (1) the democratic party (2) a town in Africa, also the state of Colorado (3) web2 Open Source.
- Grants Round in Togo
- Some other work is extending Grants Stack.
- A QV fork of Allocation Protocol.
- A tool for sorting/contacting winners of a Grants Round
- A meta-allo protocol.
Things I’d LIKE to build in 2023.
This is work that we’ve not yet gotten traction on yet but would like to.
- a L2/block builder/block proposer/MEV tool that funds public goods with its fee generation
- web3 SAAS tools (long live EIP 1337) that give DAOS easy tools to generate subscription revenue
- Map the metacrisis at https://www.metacrisisdao.com/
- We’d love to build on top of Passport. But we’re not sure what/where/how to do that yet.
- A product hunt for web3. What if we built this on top of Grants Stack and/or used the Grants Stack Data to surface the best new projects?
- One area of BIG opportunity we see is to fork Allocation Protocol and build many different coordination mechanisms on top of it. Taking Gitcoin Grants Stack from QF => a pluralism of practical coordination mechanisms. We could do a hyperparameter sweep of whats possible in web3 human coordination and achieve MAXIMUM COORDINATION!!!
- QF for communities I’m in: stuff like moonshot bots, SACKS, boulder blockchain
This is a TLDR of what Supermodular has been up to.
If this is helpful to you please the post so I know to continue making updates like this. If so, I think quarterly updates might be a good cadence.