TLDR - We are going to making some foundational changes:
- I will be resigning Supermodular 8/31/2023 to pursue new ventures.
- The existing buidlbox team will continue to scale buidlbox and focus more exclusively on building a developer social network.
- Irina Marinescu will be replacing me as CEO and will be a leading a more focused/lean buidlbox team.
When Supermodular formed, I had dreams of spinning out the next great regen venture.
The vision was to attract the best devs/designers & incubate and launch the next generation of ReFI projects. We’d launch the next Gitcoin, the next KERNEL. We would plant the seeds of the next crypto spring.
I believe we succeeded. Primarily because of the creation of buidlbox. Over the last year, it became clear that buidlbox is the real Supermodular third act - onboarding developers to web3 is the most important work.
These moves will ensure buidlbox has all the focus and resources it needs to succeed.
I am excited for two of the founding masterminds behind BB taking over management and operations (Irina and Morten). And I am immensely grateful to everyone who believed in Supermodular’s vision - especially the team and engaged community members. It has been a wonderful experience to work with all of you. We built a culture I am proud of.
To Irina and the buidlbox team, you are doing something really important - providing a path into the ecosystem for thousands of developers. I am excited for you to have a tighter focus and new leadership and to execute on your vision. You have everything you need to succeed. I wish you the best. I believe in you.
As it becomes clear what I am doing next I will release details on my twitter. Follow along here. I will be continuing my mission to cultivate the regen ecosystem in as high leverage way as possible, and I look forward to sharing the adventure with the community as I do.
PS - see below for a list of all we accomplished at Supermodular below.
In the last 14 months… we’ve done 46 different experiments together. Here’s the full list, but read on to see the experiments we were particularly excited about.
A few software projects we’ve built, stimulated, or incubated:
|PGN||Q2 2023||Bridge||Bridge for the Public Goods Network||Go|
|PGN||Q2 2023||Docs||We created the initial scaffold for the docs||Go|
|Allo||Q2 2023||QuadraticLenster.xyz||Quadratic tipping via quadratic funding rounds on Lens Protocol||Go|
|Allo||Q2 2023||Funding.Social||See who you’re following on lens + who they contribute to on Gitcoin||Go|
|Passport||Q2 2023||A forkable tool to allow anyone to airdrop a token gated by Gitcoin Passport||Go|
|Allo/Passport||Q2 2023||Grants-ETL||a tool to make pulling data for anti sybil/collusion easier.||Go|
|Allo||Q1 2023||Quadratic Yeeter||a tool to create a Grants Stack round in 1 click||Go|
|Allo||Q1 2023||Gitcoin Grants crowdfunder||a tool to make a crowdfunding aqueduct into Gitcoin Grants||Go|
|Allo||Q1 2023||Gitcoin Grants data vis||an easy way to visualize Gitcoin QF rounds crowdfund data structure.||Go|
|Allo||Q1 2023||Partnership Protocol||An easy way to see the top grants round projects + get in touch with them for partnership/BD folks.||Go|
|Hypercerts||Q1 2023||GiveGratitude.io||a tool for easily minting hypercerts to show appreciation for coworkers||Go|
|Allo||Q1 2023||Economic Graph Generator||A tool to visualize Economic Graphs on top of Allo Protocol||Go|
|Allo||Q1 2023||Quadratic Honey||an experimental mobile-first QF webapp built for ETHDenver||Go|
|Q3 2023 (on roadmap)||Optimism RPGF Discovery & Voting Tool||A tool for doing RetroPGF project voting||Go|
What about non-software stuffs?
- Produced Greenpill podcast - a podcast that features 150 diff industry leaders on things like public goods funding, sybil resistance, pluralism, and digital democracy.
- Created Greenpill.network - a network-society that exports regenerative digital infrastructure to the world, with active local chapters in 15 locations worldwide (India, Colorado, Japan, Suriname, West Africa, etc). We have plans for Greenpill.network to be more Gitcoin aligned in Q2/Q3. Read about them here.
- Been active participants in the Gitcoin, Hypercerts, and web3 educational ecosystems.
- We run QF Rounds!