The BIG 'introduce yourself' thread

Hi Kevin, hello SuperModular people :wave:

I’m a professional engineer drawn to complex adaptive systems. All the systems that matter most to our future health and well-being are complex and adaptive. These systems also include people of course, so I’ve been an avid student of the social sciences for the past decade.

I really got into the web at the close of the 90s. I helped launch Firefox into Europe, and ran the UK’s PayPal equivalent back when PayPal was only available in the US. I have been an official UK champion of IPv6, convened the UK’s first Internet of Things conference, and developed an architecture for decentralizing the UI. A low/highlight was being threatened with breaching the Computer Misuse Act by a UK government department for ‘liberating’ UK flood data. Five years later, a company doing the same thing won an inaugural prize from the Open Data Institute. Progress!

I was contacted by the Ethereum Foundation pre-ICO on the back of writing about DAOs, and I worked with Ethereum co-founder Mihai Alisie for four years at the AKASHA Foundation. I have developed some expertise the digital mediation and augmentation of human identity, and how that differs in not insubstantial ways from today’s digital identity protocols and systems. See generative-identity.org.

I’m looking forward to learning more about SuperModular and contributing where I can. :heart_eyes:

10 Likes